The original Rickney’s Quarry was abandoned in the 1990s. There is an interesting collection of photos on Urban Ghost that documents the condition of the site in 2012.
There are also some images from 2008 on Derelictplaces : Documenting Decay.
Planning Permission for Rickney’s was originally granted in 1958 (Source). Site restoration was due to be completed by the end of 2007 but to date this condition has not been met.